Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Here are our current job openings. Please click on the job title for more information, and apply from that page if you are interested.
It is the firm policy of Zekelman Industries that all persons are entitled to equal opportunity, regardless of race, ancestry, place of origin, color, religion, national origin, creed, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, draft or military status, handicap (including past or present physical or mental disability), citizenship status, conviction for an offense for which a pardon has been granted, or other prohibited grounds of discrimination as determined by federal, state or provincial laws and regulations.
Zekelman Industries is an active participant in ensuring employment eligibility through the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security. Accordingly, all new hires in the United States must be verified eligible to work through the E-Verify Process
Reasonable Accommodation Zekelman Industries is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a physical or mental disability applying for a Zekelman Industries position who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Our Corporate Office at 312-275-1600 for assistance. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. M/F/D/V
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Wheatland Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, is seeking a Maintenance Foreman for our facility located in Wheatland, PA. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Foreman will supervise and direct the day-to-day activities of maintenance staff through scheduling, planning and coaching. A successful candidate will develop, implement and administer maintenance programs ensuring compliance with plant policies and procedures as well as all state, local and federal laws and guidelines. This is a great opportunity for an experienced maintenance supervisor to use their knowledge and leadership ability to drive maintenance performance to the next level.
- Drives high standards of workmanship and leads the team by providing guidance, mentoring and technical expertise.
- Ensures that all work performed is done in accordance to established safety, quality, regulations as well as the company’s values and philosophies.
- Attends to the quick resolution of equipment failures to maintain up-time.
- Evaluates and communicates the status of equipment, systems, installations, and facilities.
- Monitors and reports the performance and effectiveness of the team.
- Ensures that all preventative, predictive and maintenance practices are geared towards reduction of downtime, through improved reliability while effectively reducing overall costs
- Works with management to research and develop methods and equipment to enhance and improve plant equipment, facilities, and processes.
- Co-ordinates maintenance activities with Operations departments.
- Works with Purchasing department to obtain materials and labor as needed.
- Assists with recruitment, performance evaluations, goal setting and employee discipline, as required.
- Minimum of five years Electrical & Mechanical supervisory trades experience in heavy industry.
- Working knowledge of PLC’s and VFD’s required. Experience with DC cranes preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building, organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, motivational and communications skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate, multi tasks and set and achieve goals.
- Effective time management, judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of safety regulations, scheduling and maintenance management systems.
- Ability to understand and supervise complex maintenance & repair tasks.
- Skilled in reading physical blue prints as well as CAD drawings.
- General Computer Literacy required (MS Office programs).
- Must be willing to work irregular hours and weekends as needed.
- SAP (or other CMMS) experience is helpful.
- Heavy equipment, machine shop, or facilities maintenance experience helpful.
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including low cost, high quality medical and dental benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, a bonus plan, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match, immediate vesting and much more.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.